My last kids x mas craft class is TODAY! It went by might fast. I can’t believe in two weeks I’ll be home for the holidays!
Today’s projects are: snow globes (which are so easy and fun to make) AND 3-D tree ornaments (also easy, fun, and effective!).
to make a 3D tree all you need are some magazines or wrapping paper, scissors, a marker, and a glue stick!
1. stack 4-6 sheets of magazine or wrapping paper on top of one another, and fold in half.
2. Draw half of a christmas tree (or any other fun shape, star, circle…) along the fold.
3. Keep the paper folded, and cut out your tree, so that when you unfold the paper, you have a symmetrical stack of x mas trees!
4. lay your trees flat, and punch a hole at the top.
5. Glue time! using the fold line as a guide, separate all of your trees, and glue one half of your first tree.
6. Glue half of the second tree down to the half of the first tree.
6. Alternate glue sides, and THEN to finish, fold out all of our non glued sides, and voila! 3D tree! Put a string through one of the holes, and its ready to hang!
Snow globes are so easy and fun! For mine I am using foam sheets (cut into a snowman) water, sparkles, crushed eggshells etc. You can also include jewellery, food colouring, twist ties…anything that won’t disintegrate in water! Use a glue gun to attach all of your pieces to the lid of your clear jar, fill your jar with water and sprinkles, then tightly put the lid back on to your jar. Voila! A beautiful snow globe! You can also use little plastic figurines, but kids might find it more enjoyable to make their own!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend!